We know it’s not business as usual right now, and we’re here to help. Check out our latest COVID resources.
This is an ongoing list of resources that we’ve come across that could be useful for successful application development. If you know of something that should be added to this list, please let us know!
Designing and successful app design
- The folks over at Bjango regularly share incredible insight on mobile and app design: http://bjango.com/articles/
- Not specific to apps, but this is a great crash course in design for the startup
- GigaOm’s Rachel Youens shares: “7 habits of highly effective apps”
- From Fierce Wireless: 6 steps to making a more effective mobile app
- How we got 250k downloads in 4 days: The folks at Discovr share their tips for a successful launch. It’s useful to note that they built a number of things that Apptentive gives you off-the-shelf :-)
- Tools for tracking iPhone app sales and rankings
- 75 useful sites for app marketing
- Business people: developing apps is a lot of work!
- Tribal Labs has a good post on cross-platform mobile app development, with an overview of tools
The Whys of App Development
- 48 Billion app downloads in 2015? Yeah, you should be planning for that: Explosive App Download Growth. An interesting note: over half of downloads happen over WiFi