5 Reasons You Can’t Miss the First-ever Customer Love Summit
Have you heard? We’re hosting our first-ever Customer Love Summit on July 19th in Seattle!
Seattle has a long history of being the Customer Experience Capital of the world, and we can’t wait to see the magic that’s created when industry leaders come together under one roof.
“That’s great,” you might be thinking, “But why should I attend?”
We’re glad you asked…
Here are five big reasons you should join us this summer.
1. Get ahead during the peer matchmaking session.
While seeing big-name keynote speakers is exhilarating, you often don’t walk away with tactical advice you can immediately implement when you return to the office. Some of the most valuable aspects of conferences we’ve attended is the ability to meet and learn from our peers. That’s why we’re dedicating lunch hour to peer matchmaking.
During lunch, we’ll seat you at a table filled with people who hold roles similar to yours. You’ll have the full hour to talk shop with your colleagues. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of what’s working and what’s not for others in your field; new connections and resources to bounce ideas off of; and, hopefully, tactical advice on how to improve your mobile experience.
2. Leave with tactical lessons from industry experts.
The peer matchmaking session won’t be your only opportunity to walk away with tactical advice from leading experts. We’ve assembled an all-star lineup of speakers to help teach you how to use mobile as effectively as possible, and new speakers are still being added!
At the summit, you’ll learn from:
- akaNRG’s Nikisha Reyes-Grange, Principal Strategist and former mobile marketer at Starbucks
- Alaska Airlines’s Francis Brown, Product Development Manager
- Allrecipes’s Vasantha Kostojoh, Senior Director of Product Management
- Apptentive’s Robi Ganguly, Co-founder and CEO
- Buffalo Wild Wings’s Brooks Goldale, Vice President of Digital Experience
- Disney’s Tony Zito, Vice President of Digital Product & Programming
- G6’s Terri Monroe-Gordillo, Director of Quality and Brand Experience
- Gap, Inc.’s Andrew Wang, Sr. Manager, Product Management
- Lilly Pulitzer’s Laura Poatsy, Mobile Experience Supervisor
- Microsoft’s Darren Austin, Partner Director of Product Management
- Nordstrom’s Jeff Raffo, Director of Engineering
- Prolific Interactive’s Dina Chaiffetz, Director of Product Strategy
- Providence Health & Services’s Erika Englesby, Senior Product Manager
- RealNetworks’s Mike Vance, Sr. Director of Product Management
- Smartsheet’s Josh Lipe, Head of Mobile Product Management
- Starbucks’s Ryan Bruels, Director of Engineering
- Zillow’s Sara Buzak, Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- And more to come!
Our goal is to teach you as much as possible during this one-day, action-packed event. We’re putting together a cast of speakers that we know are killin’ it in their field and have a wealth of knowledge that would be a shame not to share.
3. Attend our biggest Appy Hour of the year!
Every month we host a happy hour—cleverly called Appy Hour (wink, wink)—with noteworthy companies in Seattle. Appy Hour was created as a space for Seattle’s mobile community to get to know each other, learn from each other, and help each other. Following the final talk at the Customer Love Summit, we’re throwing our biggest Appy Hour of the year.
Unwind after a fulfilling day of knowledge-sharing by hanging out with the Apptentive crew, the speakers, and your peers surrounded by one of the best views in the city from The Columbia Tower Club. There will be plenty of beer and wine, delicious food, fun swag, conversation, laughs, and a few surprises!
4. Get a first-look at what’s next for Apptentive, straight from our CEO.
Customer Love Summit attendees will get a sneak peak into what Apptentive has in store for the future. Robi Ganguly, our Co-founder and CEO, will spend a session walking the audience through new additions to Apptentive’s product offering.
We’re lucky to have vocal customers who happily share their wish-lists with us and work with us to perfect new tools and features. We have a feeling Robi’s session will feel like Christmas morning to those of you looking to bring customer-centricity to your mobile experiences… : )
We have exciting things in the pipeline and we can hardly wait to share them with you!
5. Meet the Apptentive team and, most of all, have a blast!
Team Apptentive is stoked to meet the collective mobile community and connect you to the people who can make your mobile product a success. Meet your Apptentive customer success managers and account executives, talk to our product team, or ask our engineers questions. We’ll be there all day making sure you have what you need, know where to go, and above all, are enjoying yourself.
In addition to learning lots, we won’t consider the event a success if you don’t have fun. That’s why there will be a ton of scrumptious food, fun swag, and various Seattle delights. And it wouldn’t be an Apptentive summit if you didn’t *feel the love*!
We’re only inviting 100 of our best customers, partners, and mobile influencers, so space is limited. Early bird tickets are still available. See you this summer in Seattle!