What We Learned During our Mobile Product Management Roadshow in London
As product managers increasingly become a strategic power in organizations across all industries, it’s important to understand how the PM community can continue to drive the customer-centric culture forward. That’s why we’re bringing together some of the best product minds to discuss the challenges they face, how to overcome them, and how to put customers first in a multi-city roadshow.
We kicked off our 2018 mobile product management roadshow series in London with a panel featuring Denise Law, Head of Strategic Product Development at The Economist; Peter Adams, Mobile Digital Marketing Manager at Shell; Jason Pantelis, Product Manager, Mobile Data and Wifi at Virgin Media; and Remy Becher, Senior Director, Agile Project Services at The Economist. Robi Ganguly, our Co-founder and CEO, moderated the panel.
The panel was full of actionable advice, valuable insights, and takeaways on what’s to come for product managers. Watch the full video below!
Don’t have time to watch the video? Here’s a quick recap of what we learned.
- Peter Adams from Shell takes an ‘align, define, and refine’ approach to product management. Customer feedback guides him throughout the process.
- PMs are told to be customer-centric, but in reality, they’re incentivized by traditional KPIs. One thing to understand about traditional KPIs is that mobile is different, and that it’s more nuanced.
- Investing heavily in mobile apps is do-or-die across industries. Mobile apps give brands a new avenue to connect with customers.
- Digital transformation is not the end; it’s the means to the end. The reason to focus on digital is because you want a better customer experience.
- Looking holistically at what your customers do gives you a completely different picture than if you look at channels in silos.
Want to join a PM Roadshow in your city? Keep an eye on the blog out for an announcement of our 2018 lineup.