Introducing the Latest Version of Apptentive’s SDK
We’re excited to announce the latest update to Apptentive’s SDK, version 2.1. Read on for the details around what’s new and improved!
New Ways to Segment Your Interaction Targeting
We rewrote our Segment Builder within Interaction targeting from the ground up. Adding segments is simpler than ever with our all new design in your Apptentive dashboard. The updates give you greater ability to target highly specialized groups of customers.
Want to target customers who are on paid plans? How about those who have made at least two purchases? Simply pass that data through to Apptentive and you’re able to create more narrow segments based on what’s important to you. We also now allow you to set smarter conditions, such as all App Versions less than 5.5.1.
Check out these new targeting examples:
Images are Back
With Apptentive SDK v2.1, your customers are now able to send screenshots or other photos via Message Center. Images allow you to receive thorough feedback that will help you understand your customers’ problems easier. Tapping the paperclip icon allows customers to attach up to four images that you can then see within Conversations in the Apptentive web interface, or through your customer service integration.
You can even send images and files back to your customers to help illustrate changes or provide documentation. Remember, only files types that are normally supported by the operating system can be opened.
Message Center Updates
We cleaned up Message Center a bit on both Android and iOS.
On the Android SDK:
- The Status Message was showing up a bit too soon, so we slowed it down. Status messages will now display after a message fully sends.
- Colors, text, and alignment of UI elements were all corrected to alleviate any pain we were causing designers (including our own).
- Faster messages. Messages will now automatically appear when a consumer opens up Message Center.
On the iOS SDK:
- iPad update. There was an issue with content flowing outside the view on the About view, which has been resolved.
- Similar to our Android fix, messages will now automatically appear when a consumer opens up Message Center.
We hope our latest release offers a delightful experience and helps you to keep Being Apptentive. If you have any thoughts or questions around the updates, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your thoughts in the comments below!