How to build your app business
Capturing Feedback in your iPhone App - an awesome story from the makers of Everyme about how incorporating feedback into their app has made them more successful. From better ratings and reviews to more engagement around how to use their app, Everyme’s story really underscores the benefits to communicating with your app’s customers.
- How to build an App Empire - The story of Chad Mureta’s recovery from a horrible car accident to become an “appreneur” is inspiring on its own. His tips and tricks for creating a successful niche app business is well worth the read. Be warned, however, this is definitely more self-promotional than most of the things we link to and we don’t agree with all of his tactics.
- How I learned Objective C, Cocoa and developed an iPhone app - We loved this writeup from Mark Boszko, who taught himself how Objective C and Cocoa and released an app into the wild on his own. We’re adding some of his resources to our iPhone development resources list and loved his advice to focus on an app you’re passionate about.
- This presentation on making and marketing mobile apps by Rachel Pasqua super valuable and chock full of information:
Thoughts on customer communications:
- This podcast, Where has the sense of mission gone with customer service?, with Frank Eliason of Comcast is a valuable discussion about customer service in the new consumer age. In particular, they ask a really interesting question: “What would happen if you built scalable intimacy with your customers and your team?” The conversation with Frank starts about 23 minutes in and you can find the iTunes file here.
- Finally, this study confirms something we’re big believers in: First impressions drive and determine Customer Loyalty. Putting your best foot forward the first time someone interacts with your app or service is absolutely critical.