Apple iOS Resources
- Start Developing iOS Apps Today - Apple’s recent & excellent getting started guide.
- iOS Dev Center
- Learning Object-C: A Primer
- WWDC 2010 Videos
Meet people in person
General iOS Resources and Tutorials
- Mike Ash: Friday Q&A series
- Ray Wenderlich: Tutorials for iPhone/iOS Developers and Gamers
- Cocoa with Love.
- Cocoa is My Girlfriend
- Stanford University: Developing Apps for iOS (iTunes U) (slides & source code)
- Ingredients: Cocoa Documentation Browser
- Learning iOS Development for Free
- Mobiletuts+ iOS Tutorials
- Custom Controls for iOS
- AppDevMag: 10 iOS Libraries to Make Your Life Easier
- HackerNews post for above article with lots of other recommendations
- Three20 iOS Library
- Pragmatic Studio: Transition to XCode 4 Screencasts
- How Makalu Interactive created the international iPhone hit RaceSplitter
- Core Plot Library
- Make your iOS development life easier with SSToolkit
- Comparisons of iOS and Android UI Elements
- Building Interactive Mockups
- Xscope for measuring, inspecting, & testing on-screen graphics/layouts
iOS Game Development Resources
iPad Specific Development Resources
- Rapidly prototype iPad apps with Keynote – a great guide along with many interactive elements for prototyping (key here being interactive) using Keynote.
- How To Port An App To the iPad – Covers how to convert your app to handle the iPad screen sizes, specifically autosizing and orientation, and when to use iPad elements.
- Custom Input View Tutorial – A tutorial on how to create great looking custom input views on the iPad.
- iPad Multitouch – A great example with code showing how to utilize all 11 available touches on the iPad.
- UIPopoverController Tutorial - A tutorial on how to use the iPad UIPopoverController element.
- iPhone To Hybrid – A guide to making apps that work on the different iOS platforms simultaneously with minimal work.
- UISplitview Tutorial – A tutorial on how to use the specific iPad only UISplitview interface element.
- Designing For iPad Reality Check – Brilliant in depth to guide to into how the interface of an iPad app should be developed.
- iPad Application Design – A detailed look at some of the finer details of how to deisgn an iPad user interface.
- iPad UI Graphic Kits - Several graphic kits for use in tools such as Photoshop and Omnigraffle.
- Testing Out iPad Code With An iPhone or iPod Touch – Article about testing an iPad interface using the iSimulate iPhone app.
If you have a tutorial or resource you think we’ve missed, please let us know in the comments!
Many thanks to folks who have put out great resource lists of their own that have inspired us to share much of the above:
- David Liebke: http://liebke.me/
- Jake Marsh: http://deallocatedobjects.com/
- Mark Boszko: How I learned Objective C, Cocoa and developed an iPhone app
- Dave Mark: http://davemark.com